- 2019, New York International Olive Oil Competition - Gold
- 2017, New York International Olive Oil Competition - Gold
- 2017, Evooleum / Evoo Awards - 92 pts.
- 2017, AVPA - 88 pts.
- 2017, Athena International Olive Oil Competition - Gold
- 2017, Olive Japan - Silver
TASTING: Medium fruity, with notes of olive leaf, cabbage and artichoke. Sweet, slightly bitter and moderately spicy, with a final touch of dried fruits and green almond peel.
Monovarietal olive oil with green and bitter and spicy sensations, characteristic of Cordovil, a very representative variety of the Moura area.
PAIRING: Very versatile olive oil. Ideal for salads, fish, various tapas and simple toasted bread.
MAXIMUM ACIDITY: 0.2%
OLIVE GROVE: We selected the best producers of the Cordovil variety in Alentejo, where the olive culture has existed for several generations. The production system is an Integrated Production based on more environmentally sustainable cultural practices and the use of auxiliary fauna in the control of olive tree pests and diseases.
HARVEST: This harvest started about 2 weeks in advance when compared to the previous campaign, the hot temperatures and the absence of rain promoted an early ripening of the fruits.
- The olives of the Cordovil variety are transported and received at the Esporão mill, in Reguengos de Monsaraz, a few hours after the harvest and are immediately processed.
- The extraction starts with the fast grinding of the fruits.
- After milling, the resulting paste is subjected to a thermal shock and a quick passage through the active exchanger, a system that shortens the extraction time, and preserves the characteristic aromas of this variety that characterize this oil.
- The paste goes to the decanter where the oil is separated from the olive pomace and water resulting in an oil still with some moisture and impurities.
- The oil is cleaned by centrifugation and immediately filtered and then packaged.
- The extraction is done cold, never exceeding 27ºC.
CONSERVATION: For a better preservation of the characteristics of this natural oil, it is recommended to preserve it in a cool place, protected from light.